Get ready to explore Transylvania differently. You'll be traveling by train across Romania, starting from Bucharest and ending in Cluj Napoca. From South to North, you'll discover different sides of this country, enjoying the freedom of a self-guided tour.
Your day by day program
Arrival in Bucharest. Meet a RA representative to handel the travelling documents, depending on your time of arrival. Known between the 2 world wars as "the Eastern Paris", today is a very eclectic city, where we can see the influences of The Medieval period with its Ottoman occupation, of the modern period with the influence of neoclassical French architecture and of the communist period. Extra-night possible in Bucharest. Night at 3* hotel in the heart of Bucharest.
Today you’ll visit Brasov: one of the seven cities founded by the Saxons in Transylvania in the 12th century when they were invited to Transylvania to guard the mountain passes. The city has a rich Saxon, Hungarian and Romanian heritage, manifested in a lot of sights worth visiting: The White and the Black Towers, the Black Church, the Council place with the Council House, St. Nicholas Church, the first Romanian school, narrow streets and colored houses, all very well preserved within the old city walls and towers. Night at 3* charming hotel in the centre of Brasov.
Visit of Sibiu, the most beautiful city of Transylvania, a medieval city outstandingly well preserved and restored. Its unique architectural style and the atmosphere floating in this city, elected the European capital of the culture in 2007, will definitely seduce you. You may also go to the open-air village Museum, at 6 km from Sibiu.
You head for Sighisoara. This 12th century medieval citadel, known as one of the best preserved in Europe, will give you the feeling of travelling back in time, while walking through the narrow cobbled streets. Tailor’s tower is a real wonder of the medieval architecture. Night in a 3* charming hotel in the centre of Sighisoara.
Arrival in Cluj Napoca, the most important university city of Romania, with a cosmopolitan culture and Hungarian heritage. You will definitely be seduced by this city and surprised about the immense difference with Bucharest. Night in a 3* hotel in the centre of Cluj.
After breakfast, your trip comes to an end.
We can assist you with train tickets from Cluj to Budapest or Wien.
- Bucharest, at your hotel
- Cluj Napoca, at your hotel
- Double occupancy in central hotels
- At least 2 persons
- 6 days
- You will take the luggage in the train.
- Single supplement (based on at least 2 travelers) : 200€
- Single traveler supplement : 280€
- Airport transfer (1-3 persons) : 30€
- Extra night in Bucharest, single room : 66€
- Extra night in Bucharest, double room : 78€
- Extra night in Cluj, single room : 73€
- Extra night in Cluj, double room : 84€
- 5 breakfasts, train tickets, accommodation, road-book with route notes regarding visiting and traveling, maps, permanently contactable local assistance.
- Transfer to/from the train station, the meals like indicated, the drinks and the personal expenses.
Mysteries of the Carpathian Mountains and Saxon citadels of Transylvania
Transylvania - Walk & drive - 8 days / 7 nights