Working with Romania Active means always growing, not necessarily bigger, but stronger and therefore better!
Looking for an exceptional Adventure Travel Specialist! Is that you?
Hiking, cycling, sightseeing, Romanian culture, history, nature, wine, sunrises, sunsets, Danube Delta, monasteries, cheese, laughter, singing, campﬁre, stuffed cabbage leaves and other new ﬂavours of home-cooked meals! All the wonders of the above. It’s all we could offer you.
Except that… we do NOT.
All of the above represent however the fantastic results of our solid work together as a team, for our clients, while we are at our desks. And that’s how it comes back to us big time, when we get raving reviews from Australia, England, France, Switzerland, South Africa, South America…you name it. So, what’s then all the buzz about:
We are looking for down-to-earth people with really mature professional attitude, self-starters and self-drivers, with initiative and passion, who understand the work needed behind getting fantastic results. At the same time, we appreciate a good laugh and a relaxed yet robust and healthy attitude of “Everything has a solution, and I’ve thought of possibly 3 of them. Let’s talk.”
What’s in it for you
- Strong values of integrity, diversity, honesty and passion for the Romanian culture & outdoors;
- An environment in which you can express freely your thoughts and implement your ideas, thus in return boosting your professional growth;
- Piles of data to be introduced in the system :), piles of emails to be answered, reservations to be made, follow ups with the clients to be actioned, invoices to be worked out, social media posts to be scheduled;
- Flexibility of working hours outside the season;
- Opportunity for on-the- job-training, external trainings and infotrips
- Opportunity to talk and write in English and/or French every single day; soon in other languages too!
- Opportunity of meeting face-to-face people from all continents, and therefore intercultural exchange;
- Good music, tea, coffee, and yummy biscuits;
- A good wine and cheese on a Friday evening from time to time;
- A good tail wiggling from our lovely dog. He takes away any bad moods in the boring mornings, we promise.
Who are we
We are a growing adventure travel specialist company, Romania Active, based in Bucharest. For 10 years since the moment we exist we haven’t missed a day in being passionate of bringing to the world the Romanian cultural heritage, history, and its fantastic outdoors. We are part of Europe-Active trust, that is promoting local heritages across the World. We love developing and offering tourists amazing authentic Romanian experiences. That’s our main reason of existing. And we are damn good at it! We want to grow, but we want to grow stronger and therefore better, not necessarily bigger. We are well known and loved by our clients for being highly professional, but not commercial. They say they can see and feel the passion we have when introducing Romania. And we are grateful when we hear it, as in fact we are simply authentic and ourselves, and we reﬂect this naturally when dealing with our clients. We simply treat them as we’d like to be treated and that is actually what makes us pretty special. This robust mix of simplicity, authenticity, passion and high professionalism.
Who are you
You are honest and integer and have a genuine passion for Romanian culture and heritage. You generally love being a host, having people around you and making them feel ‘at home’, safe and giving them goodies. You are a good communicator and with a signiﬁcant level of English and/or French (written and spoken), highly organised person for dealing with the client database - bookings, emailings, following up, receiving the clients when ﬁrst arriving in Romania; having basic accountancy capabilities (costing invoicing), and willing to take initiative without being pushed from behind. You may be one of those persons taking notes with 3 different coloured markers just to make sure you don’t forget anything :). Experience in tourism industry is welcomed, but the passion for the outdoors & Romanian culture is more important. Romanian geography knowledge would be an advantage for you but this can be further developed. Marketing and social media basic knowledge would also be a great deal, as you will contribute to our social media FB channel. You are looking for a pay range within the market average for the same type of role in the sector.
Does it sound like you?
We’d love to hear more! Send your CV and a Cover Letter, in English OR French at email@example.com.
Location: Bucharest. Other locations could be available soon in Brasov.
Let’s rock it!