This journey is a large discovery of 3 Romanian attractions, with different architecture, cultural heritage, and atmospheres. You will cross two historical regions, where the past had provided a different and rich patrimony. In Transylvania, it is the Saxon and Hungarian heritage that will overwhelm us by the presence of the fortified churches and citadels. In Walachia, it is the modernity and the mix of western and eastern civilizations that left their mark on both architecture and lifestyle.
Your day by day program
Today you leave Cluj-Napoca to explore new regions in Romania. You head for Sighisoara. This 12th-century medieval citadel, known as one of the best preserved in Europe, will give you the feeling of traveling back in time while walking through the narrow cobbled streets. Tailor’s tower is a real wonder of the medieval architecture. 3* charming hotel in the center of Sighisoara.
Today you’ll visit Brasov: one of the seven cities founded by the Saxons in Transylvania in the 12th century when they were invited to Transylvania to guard the mountain passes. The city has a rich Saxon, Hungarian and Romanian heritage, manifested in a lot of sights worth visiting: The White and the Black Towers, the Black Church, the Council place with the Council House, St. Nicholas Church, the first Romanian school, narrow streets and colored houses, all very well preserved within the old city walls and towers. 3* charming hotel in the center of Brasov.
Today we’ll leave Brasov for a transfer to Bucharest. Known between the 2 world wars as "the Eastern Paris", today is a very eclectic city, where we can see the influences of The Medieval period with its Ottoman occupation, of the modern period with the influence of neoclassical French architecture and of the communist period. Extra-night possible in Bucharest. 4* hotel in the center of Bucharest.
Breakfast at your hotel. End of trip
- The tour starts at the train station in Cluj-Napoca.
- The tour ends in Bucharest, at the hotel.
- Double occupancy with private facilities.
Sighisoara: 3* charming hotel, inside the citadel
Brasov: 3* charming hotel, in the old town
Bucharest: 3* hotel, central
- Minimum of 2 people.
- Self - guided Cultural tour - 4 days / 3 nights
- Single traveler departure : 140€
- Single supplement : 90€
- Airport transfer (for up to 3 people) : 30€
- Extra night Brasov, 3* central, single room : 71€
- Extra night Brasov, 3* central, double/ twin room : 82€
- Extra night in Bucharest, 3* hotel - single room : 66€
- Extra night in Bucharest, 3* hotel - double room : 78€
- Travel by train for the duration of the circuit.
- Day 1: Train Cluj-Napoca - Sighisoara, 4h
- Day 2: Train Sighisoara - Brasov, 2:45
- Day 3: Brasov train - Bucharest, 2:45
- 3 breakfasts
- Local assistance 24/7
- Meals as indicated, drinks, items of personal nature, entry fees into monuments, the insurances and tips, transfers between train stations and hotels.
Mysteries of the Carpathian Mountains and Saxon citadels of Transylvania
Transylvania - Walk & drive - 8 days / 7 nights