The Danube Delta is the second largest delta in Europe and it is considered special for its wilderness, becoming part of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Having an intricate pattern of channels and lakes, it is considered the European paradise of flora and fauna with 12,000 kinds of plants and 250 species of migratory birds. The place is original with its willow forests and the groups of pelicans and egrets. Here, where land and water come across, you can find the Lipovans, an exiled minority from Russia.
Taken by a motor boat and guided by a local fisherman, you will feel that you are in an original world which extends to the sandy beaches of the calm Black Sea, where you can enjoy the perfect temperature of water.
Your day by day program
Your trip starts in Tulcea, the “gate of the Delta”. Departure from Tulcea by boat and arrival at Crisan, a small fishing village in the heart of the Delta. Crisan will be your "basecamp" for exploring this aquatic paradise. Our host will welcome you at the docks. Free evening to immerse into the atmosphere of the delta. Possibility of a short canoe ride, it is recommended before sunset. If you like fish, your dinner will be a delight. Accommodation at the guesthouse. Dinner.
The day starts with a boat trip in order to discover a different aspect of the delta, with its labyrinth of channels, lakes and ponds, boasting a large number of species of birds. Guided by our host, a fisherman who knows perfectly this wather roads, we will go to Letea by boat - “a village forgotten by God". Besides this incredibly charming and traditional village, we come across the surprising forest of Letea hosting birches, secular oaks, but also lianas and very curious flora which grew by means of the seeds brought by migratory birds coming from Asia and Africa. Back to Crisan. Picnic on the river bank; back on board in the afternoon. The culinary charm will bewitch you again. Breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Transfer by boat to Tulcea leaving behind this watery world that welcomed us throughout the journey. End of the trip in Tulcea.
Any day from May to October
- Double occupancy with private facilities
- Minimum 2 people.
- 3 days,1 day of motorized fishing boat. A daily boat trip is between 4 to 6 hours.
- During transfers, you will have your luggage with you.
- Extra night in Bucharest - single room. : 66€
- Extra night in Bucharest - double room. : 78€
- Private transfer from Bucharest (airport or city centre) to Tulcea (1-3 persons, one way). : 280€
- Single room supplement (based on 2 persons traveling together). : 70€
- Single traveler supplement. : 190€
- Welcome and briefing in Bucharest, Bucharest North Station. : 35€
- 2 nights in a guesthouse in Crisan (2 breakfasts, 1 picnic and 2 dinners), the transfers, a day boat trip from Crisan.
- The transfer until the train station or bus station, the entrance fees into museums, the insurances, personal spending, and snacks.