We explore the scattered villages of Poiana Mărului and spend the evening at the guest house of the Lutheran church in the village of Vulcan. A wonderful active adventure that will make you discover an authentic winter story.
Deposits can be refunded in case of cancellation due to restrictions imposed by the authorities or can be used for other trips with us.
Your day by day program
We gather in the courtyard of the fortified church in Vulcan to prepare for the adventure! After setting up our snowshoes, we set off for the neighboring village of Holbav. From there we take it slightly uphill to Poiana Mărului. We cross the frozen forests and arrive in a mountainous village. The winter landscape will surprise you with an atmosphere detached as if from enchanted stories: small houses here and there, Piatra Craiului mountains lost in the distance, white, snowy and silent hills.
After such a delight of the soul, we head back to Vulcan.
Once back, a tasty dinner and mulled wine will await us, all sprinkled with the stories of the pastor who will be our host.
We will spend the night in the guest house.
We will wake up surrounded by the quietness of the small Saxon village and after breakfast we will have one last hike. With the snowshoes ready, we set off for the famous Bear Sanctuary from Zărnești, located in our vicinity.
To return to Vulcan, we will have a private transfer from Zărnești.
Once we get back, our adventure will end.
Breakfast and lunch included.
Other possible departures for groups already formed.
- Vulcan village
- Vulcan village
- Accommodation in double rooms with private bathrooms at the guesthouse of the Lutheran church in Vulcan village
- Minimum of 6 people. Maximum of 10
- 2 days of snowshoeing. Medium level (accessible to anyone walking regularly in the year). Maximum of 5 hours of trekking per day.
- Trekking poles : 10€
- Extra night in Vulcan with dinner & breakfast : 50€
- English-speaking guide with a first aid kit
- Accommodation in double rooms with private bathrooms
- meals (1 breakfast, 2 picnics and 1 dinner)
- Snowshoes rental
- entry fees in the Park
- articles of personal nature
- drinks, other than water & other meals