A short cycling tour or getaway through the Transylvanian villages. You will discover the beautiful mountain landscapes, fortified churches and a world full of peace.
Your day by day program
We start in a small and quiet village, called Vulcan, on the outskirts of Brașov, surrounded by nature and fresh air. Night in the guest house next to the fortified church, where we will also have a delicious dinner.
After breakfast, we are all ready to start our journey on an easy part of the itinerary, admiring the spectacular panorama and the snow-capped peaks of the Bucegi Mountains, while crossing the small mountain town of Zărnești. We head to a small village where we will spend the night, right at the foot of the Făgăraș mountains - the highest in Romania. Overnight in a charming family pension.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner ~ 55 km, +250, -400m
Today we arrive in Viscri village by bike. Once here, you can start exploring this old village and see how the Saxons lived hundreds of years ago in these lands. You can also visit the beautiful fortified church, already famous in the world, part of UNESCO. In order to fully integrate you into the local spirit, we have also prepared two special visits, one with the village brick maker and the other with the blacksmith.
We will have lunch at the locals after then we will return from where we left, to pick up the cars.
End of tour.
Breakfast, lunch ~ 60 km
From May to the end of October.
|07 May 2021||09 May 2021||200 €||6 more persons required||Book|
|21 May 2021||23 May 2021||200 €||6 more persons required||Book|
|04 June 2021||06 June 2021||200 €||6 more persons required||Book|
|25 June 2021||27 June 2021||200 €||6 more persons required||Book|
|16 July 2021||18 July 2021||200 €||6 more persons required||Book|
|06 August 2021||08 August 2021||200 €||6 more persons required||Book|
|20 August 2021||22 August 2021||200 €||6 more persons required||Book|
|03 September 2021||05 September 2021||200 €||6 more persons required||Book|
|17 September 2021||19 September 2021||200 €||6 more persons required||Book|
|01 October 2021||03 October 2021||200 €||6 more persons required||Book|
- Vulcan village, Brasov county
- Viscri village. Transfer back to Vulcan to pick up the car.
- Double rooms with private bathrooms
- Minimum of 6 people.
- 3 days of which 2 of cycling. Medium level (from 35 to 68 Km / day, with some climbs).
- Luggage transfer from one place to the other.
- Trek Hybrid bicycle rental, front and disc brake suspension (21 speeds, Shimano equipped, aluminum frame, 1 luggage bag, repair kit, anti-theft) Not included: gloves, odometer, helmet. We can provide helmets, but we advise you to come with your own. : 30€
- E-Bike rental : 100€
- Specialized English-speaking guide for the 2 days of cycling, with a first aid kit.
- Accommodation in cozy rural guesthouses
- Meals (3 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners)
- Luggage transfer and full-time assistance
- Bicycle rental
- Drinks other than water
- Personal expenses
- Personal insurance